How often should I use Power Service diesel additives?
Our recommended Year-Round Maintenance Schedule is:
Every time you fill up:
- If temperatures are above 30°F, add Diesel Kleen +Cetane Boost (silver bottle) for maximum performance. This Max HP Formula is loaded with cetane, detergent and lubricity improver to provide peak diesel performance.
- If temperatures are below 30°F, add Diesel Fuel Supplement +Cetane Boost (white bottle) for winter operability. This Arctic Formula will prevent fuel gelling and protect against fuel-filter icing.
(Use our Seasonal Tip: White for winter, silver for summer!)
In a winter emergency:
- Use Diesel 911 to reliquefy gelled fuel and de-ice frozen fuel-filters if your vehicle will not start or gain power in cold weather.
At least quarterly or as-needed:
- Add Clear-Diesel Fuel & Tank Cleaner to remove water, disperse contaminants and stabilize fuel for long-term storage.
If microbial contamination is present,
- Treat with Bio Kleen Diesel Fuel Biocide to kill the microbes and Clear-Diesel Fuel & Tank Cleaner to remove residual water and contaminants